Thursday, August 4, 2011

Changes...

As Tina and I are getting geared up to go to Switcheroos (kids consignment sale) tonight I realize just how much has changed in my life over the past 9 months or so. I overheard some of the other people at work discussing where they wanted to hang out tonight and who had the best beer on draft and who had music trivia vs. a live band, etc. This used to be me! I have to admit I miss going out with friends at a moments notice and not having a care in the world except for myself. (and of course Dorian, but you know what I mean)

And now I have wonderful Hattie! I'm so happy to just pick her up at moms, go home and just be with her, be it playing, eating, watching tv or whatever. Don’t get me wrong, I still get out every now and then, it's just that priorities have really changed now. I plan my days now on her schedule. You can’t leave the house at a moments notice anymore.....you need at least a 30 to 40 minute warning. Sometimes more depending on your state of dress at the time. You have to tote so much stuff everywhere!! This gets easier as the baby gets older and older I'm learning. If your little one gets fussy, it's time to hurry the hell up and get home for naptime. About the only time you have a moment to do anything is when the baby is asleep. Days off now consist of all the crap you didn't do during the week, plus all the other stuff you said you were going to do on the weekend anyways. Need a break? Now a days its sitting outside drinking a beer while the baby naps so you can hurry to sweep and mop just to have the baby wake up to crawl and scoot all over the floor and find all the dog hair and pieces of junk you so obviously missed somehow. Used to sitting down and having a quiet dinner? Not anymore! Dinner now consist of me picking up the sippy cup for the thirty-third time off the (mopped?) floor, dodging little fingers and hands just to get food in the baby's mouth, baby banging on highchair and yelling as she runs out of food to feed herself and the dog sitting patiently below her. I spend more time cleaning up afterwards than I did eating. Lost a few pounds lately, wonder if hardly eating sometimes has something to do with it?? My favorite time of the day? Bedtime! As I go to lay her down in bed she curls on her side and grabs her blanket and falls asleep I realize I wouldn’t change my life now for anything.

Okay, so this was a totally random blog. Hope you followed along okay!!


"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." - Phillis Diller

"Being a working mom is not easy. You have to be willing to screw up at every level" - Jami Gertz

No comments:

Post a Comment