Monday, August 1, 2011

Life

So I have been informed that I’m a bad blogger. What can I say? I’m a slacker! And we don’t have a home computer right now so that makes it rough. Anywhoo….

The beach was AMAZING. It was a great vacation. The first two days we were there it rained. And I mean poured!! Hattie and I spent a lot of time wandering the resort those first two days. When we first got there Dorian was running a high fever and slept the whole time. I felt awful for him. He looked exhausted. So I put Hattie in the stroller and away we went…..in the rain in a few spots too.




Things I learned at the beach with a 9 month old.
·       Hattie hates sand
·       Hattie eats sand
·       Its 90 degrees at 7 in the morning
·       Hattie can last a total of an hour and a half outside in the heat before having to go inside and take a 3 hour nap….twice a day.
·       Not a lot of good tv on during the day while the baby sleeps and sleeps and sleeps.
·       Teething and the beach and the fun in sun makes for a very crabby and sleepy baby.
·       Moms are awesome for watching grandkids after they go to sleep so the parents can get out of the room for a little while.
·       The bartenders name was Donna
·       I only used half the stuff I brought for Hattie. (figures)

Here a few pics of the family at the beach. My sister Angie, my bro in-law Terry, and their kids Taylor, Alexis, Mikayla and TJ. Mom and Danny were there too but I didn’t get any pictures of them. I didn’t get many pictures period. I have GOT to learn to be ready with the camera at all times!!

The kids with the Polynesian Dancer
Mikayla reading
Alexis
Alexis, Taylor, TJ and Mikayla
TJ with his face painted
Mikayla with her face painted

D swimmin



Hmm...looks like I didnt get any pictures of the adults.

Not much else has been going on since then. Just working and all that good stuff. Hattie went to her head dr appointment last Tuesday and it looks like another month in the helmet. We go back in 2 weeks for an adjustment and then in 2 more weeks for another scan. I have my fingers crossed that she will be out of it then. We are going on week 13 or 14 in the helmet right now.

Angie and I hit up some yard sales on Saturday. Found a few good ones, got a few things, went to the TR Farmers Market, the Flop Shop, (I LOVE that place!!!!!) and then we went and ate at Molina’s. I couldn’t get Hattie to drink out of her sippy cup and I knew she had to be thirsty b/c it had been so hot all day. My sister tells me to give her a sip from my straw. I’m thinking “whatever, she cant drink from a straw”. WRONG!!! She’s a champ!! I went and bought a few sippy cups with the straw feature and she goes to town on them! She is so stinking cute. They are the no-spill kind. (until she shakes the crap out of them)

It’s Shark Week! This is one of my favorite weeks of television. After I talked to an old friend last night, Dorian and I sat and watched a few programs. I don’t know why I enjoy it so much, it’s just so interesting.

Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment